What it is
As a source of community, business, and recreational knowledge in your area, HLRCC frequently handles requests to provide a variety of information to your members and consumers. The Information Request module handles these requests with an efficient and thorough approach providing some advantages that don’t exist when performing the same tasks manually.
- Consumer information is recorded in a simple, fill-in-the blank form with check boxes available to select consumer interests, desired publications, and travel plans if available.
- Consumers themselves may request information using your chamber’s local web site if the Info Request module has been integrated.
- Information that is available in an email format is automatically delivered to the consumer upon saving the request – – no additional steps required.
- Requests for printed literature are queued for distribution and handled at your convenience. The associated mailing labels, printed with a code, will indicate the requested literature piece that should be included in the envelope.
- Printed literature may be subtracted from the online inventory listing, which keeps a running total of brochures and publications simplifying reorders.
- By completing an information request form, marked interests and specified travel information will generate a consumer lead that may be distributed to a targeted group of members.
General Consumer Interests are general categories in which you expect inquiry from your consumer base. When users indicate they would like more information about a particular Interest the system will contact you and any members you have associated with that Interest with the user’s contact information and questions/comments.
Best time to use this
When you would like more information about a particular interest the system can provide you. This a wonderful tool for Chamber Members to take advantage of. When you need a new mailing list or associated publications are two great examples of when to use this tool.
HOW DO I USE IT?
Add/View/Edit Consumer Interests
- Click Setup.
- Click Consumer “Interest” Options in the Info Request section. A list of the consumer interests will be displayed. You may edit an existing consumer interest by clicking its hyper-link.
- Click the Add Interest link to add a new consumer interest.
- Configure the following:
- Name: This is the name of the consumer interest that will be displayed on the info request form.
- Sort Order Index: This setting allows you to organize the interests on the info request form. It will automatically increment to the last position, but you may organize the order in which the interests are displayed.
- Description: This description is for internal use only.
- Links To Related Info: You may include links that will be displayed on the thank you page once an info request has been submitted. Click the Add/Remove button to add or remove links.
- Associated Groups: You can choose a group to associate this info request to.
- Associated Publications: Choose the publications that will automatically be selected when this interest group is chosen.
- Click Save.
Add a New Trip Purpose
Add a Referred by Option
- Click Setup in the left-hand navigation bar.
- Click Consumer “Referred by” Options in the Information Request area.
- Click Add New Referral Type.
- Complete the Add New Consumer Referral Source area.
- Click Save Changes.
- Click Referral Types List to return to the list of Referred by options.
For a bigger overview and to view these instructions directly through Chamber Master please visit this link.